The Health Policy Commission recently announced that Salem Family Health Center has met the requirements to be designated as PCMH PRIME Certified.
The Massachusetts Health Policy Commission, in collaboration with NCQA, developed the PCMH PRIME Certification Program, which identifies criteria that are key to integrating behavioral health care into primary care and certifies practices that meet a majority of these criteria.
Practices meet PCMH PRIME criteria by demonstrating capabilities in a majority of the following areas:
• Behavioral Health Integration: Integration of behavioral health through agreements, co-location or provider integration.
• Comprehensive Health Assessment: Comprehensive health assessments that include screenings for behavioral health conditions, such as depression, post-partum depression, anxiety, developmental delays and substance use disorder.
• Identifying High-Risk Patients: A system for identifying high-risk patients for targeted care management.
• Referral Tracking and Follow-Up: Tracking and following up on referrals to specialists, including behavioral health care providers.
• Evidence-Based Decision Support: Using evidence-based guidelines to make decisions about support for mental health and substance use disorders.
• Addiction Treatment: Medication-assisted treatment for addiction.