IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY HEALTH PATIENTS
As the status of the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we are thinking of you and hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. With the situation constantly changing, we are actively balancing your needs with the health and safety of all.
Effective Monday 6/29/20
- NSCH hours of operation (for telephone visits) will remain Monday through Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to 5pm.
- Salem, Peabody, and Gloucester sites are OPEN for in-person visits by appointment only; patients will be seen Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4pm.
- The Peabody dental clinic will see patients including for dental emergencies by appointment only beginning Wednesday 7/1.
Your safety is our highest priority and it is time to resume care on-site for some of our patients. If we are calling to schedule a visit with you, it is because we care and need to see you on-site.
Many things have changed:
- We will screen and approve all chaperones accompanying you to your appointment in advance of your visit.
- Staff will call you at least two times before your visit to ensure it is safe for you to come to your appointment on site.
- We may order a COVID-19 test for you prior to your visit.
- On the day of your appointment, you will come to the health center and ring a bell to let us know you have arrived.
- After you enter, our staff will provide you with hand sanitizer to use immediately and a mask to wear at all times when you are in the health center. All NSCH staff will wear masks. In addition, the staff will take your temperature.
- A staff member will escort you to an exam room for your visit
- Our medical staff will be masked when entering the room and the time you will spend in the exam room will be kept as short as possible.
- After your visit is over, the provider or nurse will call you with follow up instructions, as needed.
Our focus is on your safety and the safety of our staff. We are taking all of the measures we can to ensure that you stay safe. So, if we call you to set up an appointment on-site, please come in for a visit with us.
The CVS pharmacy located within the Salem Family Health Center can deliver your medications to your home. Please call 978-744-0300 to make the necessary arrangements.
COVID-19 spreads very quickly, please do your part to stop it.
Can a person be evicted during this public health crisis? Can your utilities be cut off for non-payment? Is COVID-19 testing and treatment covered? What cash assistance was provided by the Cures Act for individuals/couples? What about earned sick time? (Additional Languages)
- massachusetts-covid-19 (Spanish)